But, this doesn't mean that you can't match your dresses and jeans with a pair of boots.It is just that looking for the right pair which is harder, but once you have found the right pair of boots, you can look stylish in your dresses and jeans.
- Take a measuring tape, and measure the circumference of your calf at the widest point. Remember this measurement and match it with the shoes you find at the various stores that you go to or online, if you are searching for a pair of boots online.
- Look for shoe stores which have boots for big calves, or shop for styles of shoes and ask the store manager to alter the shoes to fit your size.
- There are many sites online which have a good selection of these boots. Check out the different models of the boots, and go through the features mentioned against the item.
- Some materials like sheepskin are good and allow more room for the calves to fit in.
- If you are looking for leather boots, then go for the ones with panels, so that you can ask the shoemaker to enlarge them so that they can be fitted to your size.
- Materials like suede and leather are other good materials and are more durable.
- When looking for wide calf knee-high boots, go for materials like rubber or something similar to it.
Types of Wide Calf Knee-high Boots
Crunch Style of Boots
This style of boots give a casual look, and are one of the most comfortable types as they allow one to slip the legs easily into the boots. Also, there are types of boots which are soft enough that push down towards your ankle.
Boots which come in stretchable materials made of elastic fabric are very comfortable, and great as they can stretch into extra wide calf knee-high boots. Some stretchable boots also come in mixed materials like leather and stretch.
These style of boots have a long zipper that allows the boot shaft to be opened wide enough, so that the foot slips easily inside the boots. Then one has to pull the boot shaft around their calf and pull up the zip. Another style available in this kind of boots are the over the knee boots.
This is another style of boots that provides a good room space for calves which make them suitable for wide calf boots for women. There are two patterns in the lace styled boots, the back and front lace. So, you can select the style which you like the most.
So take your measurement, and buy the boots which match your size. Make sure you balance comfort and style well, to buy a good pair of boots.