Flip through fashion magazines and you will be forced to believe that buying boots for yourself is as easy as vegetable shopping. But the truth of the matter is that not all of us have the same physique as those models who show off their well-toned legs in the latest fashion rage; boots. And, therefore, it becomes extremely difficult for women who do not have stick-like calves to find boots that fit perfectly. With boots, especially cowboy boots becoming the rage that they are, how do you ensure that you locate those perfect pair? Well in this article, we tell you how and where to find those coveted boots without opting to buy a pair that is two sizes too big for you.
Finding The Perfect Fit
Okay so you are out shopping and you come across this pair of wide calf boots for women that are just the design you have always wanted. How do you judge whether or not these boots will be the correct pair of boots for you to flaunt? There are a few important tips that you can keep in mind. Let us take a look at them.
- Try the boots on and ensure that the boots do not leave a gap at the top. Your legs should not be drowning in the boots. In fact the boots should fit your legs just right.
- While the pair of boots you try should not be loose for you, at the same time they should also not be too tight. There is nothing more unsightly than a woman wearing a pair of boots that has fat spilling out of the boots.
- Also ensure that when you sit down, in no way do the boots hurt you on the back of your knee or cut into your legs. You do not want to be uncomfortable when you wear the boots.
- Try to avoid boots that hit your legs at the widest part of your calves. This will only make your legs much bigger than they actually are. Tall boots generally are very unflattering on women who are big and therefore, when you are selecting boots for big calves, keep these things in mind.
- Another thing that is very important is to ensure that you can walk comfortably in the boots that you buy. They should provide you with the balance and stability and walking in them should not be painful.
Now that you know how to choose cowboy boots if you have wide calves, let us take a look at where you can obtain these boots and how to store them to ensure that they have a longer life.
Where to Buy
Well the most obvious place to search is to look for designers who specialize in making boots that work for extra wide calves. There are many shoe labels that cater exclusively to women who have a larger feet size than normal. You can check with one of these labels. Also look for extra wide calf boots in materials like leather and Lycra as these are stretchable and work better with your calf muscles to give you that perfect fit with boots. Boots that have a zipper running along its length generally tend to make for a better fit when compared to other boots.
Shopping online may also open up a plethora of options for you. While ordering boots from an online store, measure your calf at the widest point and then use the guide that the store will have. If you have a problem wherein your measurement lies somewhere between two shoe sizes, then order for the one that is larger. It may also be a good idea to order for shoes that have panels which can be expanded by a shoemaker. This is important because without panels, the shoes can be expanded but the process is quite expensive.
It is also very important that you store your boots properly and wrap them in tissue paper while storing them. Boots can be worn with pretty much everything, from denims to skirts and dresses. It is the one versatile piece of footwear that is classy and functional at the same time. So scourge the markets for your perfect pair of boots and flaunt them to the world.