Thigh-high boots have taken center stage in fall fashion trends for a while now. Worn and flaunted by celebrities like Victoria Beckham and Blake Lively, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't own a pair yourself. These are quickly emerging as a funky and trendy alternative to the mundane pants and leggings.
Where can you wear thigh-high boots?
These boots are perfect for an evening at a party or on a night out with the girls. These are also popularly known as winter boots for women, and can be worn even in a formal daytime setting. Start by choosing the right pair. Get something simple and elegant, not loud and garish. This means the colors should be neutral, like black, gray, or brown.
You may opt for leather or suede boots. Unfortunately, since these boots are thigh-high, their fit matter too. In fact, if you invest in the skin fit version, they can give your thighs and legs a slender appeal and hides flaws.
- The beauty about thigh-high boots is that they easily eliminate the need to wear pants or tights. You can simply wear a beautiful short dress along with these. You can also wear a baggy dress in a solid color along with these boots. Keep the accessories minimal, and let your boots be the focal point of your ensemble.
- You can also choose to wear shorts and mini-skirts along with these boots. To eliminate the need for pants completely, try to get skirts that fall slightly over the boots, or boots that are high enough to hide below your skirt. This, however, is not completely necessary, as you can wear your dresses and skirts with boots that are slightly over the knee or knee-high boots for women.
- Remember to wear a trendy jacket, blazer, or a scarf to complete your ensemble. Long, beaded chains, turtle necks, long shirts with an opaque pair of tights followed by your thigh-high boots, and other such accessories and clothing items will only enhance your overall look.
- If you already have slender legs and are on the taller side, choose flat boots. These look beautiful, and do not have you towering over the rest of the crowd.
- Thigh-high boots can also be worn over skinny fit jeans, and a simple plain t-shirt that has been tucked into the jeans. Make a statement with a bold but not loud belt, and your outfit will be complete.
- If you can dare enough, choose from a larger palette of colors such as purple, blue, and maroon, paired with an outfit in one solid color. Nothing speaks trendy more than such an ensemble.
With thigh-high boots re-emerging in fashion, you will find them available every where. You can find cheap varieties online, but investing in shoes over the web is not such a great idea, as it needs to be of the right fit.