With the advancement of technology and computer software programs, you can design your own T-Shirt with iron-on transfer technique. Its simple and fun.
You just need to follow the guidelines and you can work your way to becoming a T-Shirt design expert. So whether it is designing T-Shirts for your kid's birthday or designing one for yourself, you can do it with ease and creativity.
- Start by designing an image on the computer. You can do this by using any computer-generated images or download one from the Internet.
- Copy and paste the desired image on a blank document and resize it according to the screen and remember to stay within the borders of the page.
- You can also add text in the document; this has a better impact. Pictures and text make for a great image on the T-Shirt.
- Choose the color of the font and image wisely keeping in mind the color of the T-Shirt.
- Grouping the picture and text together lets you move the picture into horizontal position for easy conversion into mirror image. Remember that it has to be a mirror image.
- Next, you need to print the image in its mirrored form onto the transfer paper. Let the transfer paper dry completely.
- After drying, cut the transfer paper leaving a quarter of border around the image.
- Heat the iron on the hottest setting and iron out the area where you will be transferring the image. The best way to do this is to use the pillowcase, put it on the T-Shirt and iron on it to remove the wrinkles.
- Place the printed transfer sheet on the area where you want it to be printed. Iron on it for 5 minutes. Make sure you iron all over the image and not leave out the corners and edges. Use your strength and add weight and pressure to the iron.
- Once done, remove the iron and let the T-Shirt cool off. Do not try to pull off the paper till it has completely cooled off.
- After 10 minutes, you can start peeling off the paper by pulling the paper with one hand and the T-Shirt from the other.
- And your T-Shirt is ready.
Your T-Shirt may not be perfect the first time, so it is suggested that you try it on an old T-Shirt first and practice. But practice makes one perfect. So keep on practicing and have fun.