It's been a few years since fashion gurus have been predicting the death of this trend. But it seems like skinny jeans are here to stay. And if you are a fashion slave, then even if you have been avoiding this trend like the plague, you are bound to look for a pair of denims in this style. But what do you do if you are on the larger side? How do you buy a pair of skinny jeans that flatter you but do not accentuate your flaws. In this article, we tell you exactly how to purchase skinny jeans and how to wear them.
Choosing and Wearing Plus Size Skinny Jeans
If you want to ape the fashion of skinny jeans but are unsure of how to make it work for your body type, then there are some tips you can use that will ensure that you look good in your pair of denims.
- While buying a pair of skinny jeans, one thing to definitely keep in mind is to ensure that you buy a pair of denims that are of a darker color and shade. Opt for a dark blue or a black and these colors give the illusion of slimness.
- Another tip to keep in mind while shopping for skinny jeans is to opt for a pair of denims that have Lycra in them or have a stretch mix. This will give the denims a flattering fit that is great for a curvaceous woman.
- Opt for a pair of skinny jeans that have a long inseam. This will give an illusion of longer legs that will make you look slimmer than you are.
These are some of the important tips that will help you buy a perfect pair of skinny jeans for yourself. But do you know how to wear skinny jeans? What are the looks that you can carry off as someone who is not a size two teenager. Follow the simple looks described below.
- One tip that goes a long way when you opt to wear skinny jeans is to team it with a long top. Team your skinny jeans with a slim-fitting long t-shirt and combine that with a waist coat. Team these with a pair of gladiator sandals and you should be ready to rock any after-hours party.
- If you are looking for a slightly more casual look, then opt to wear a boyfriend shirt in plaid or denims with your skinny jeans. Wear this look with a pair of boots for a casual weekend outing.
- A good look that is quite the trend right now is to wear your skinny jeans with a white t-back and military blazer. Team these with cute ballet flats or heeled boots. It can be quite a rocking look for a casual evening out.
- It is important to know that the tops that you wear with skinny jeans flatter your body. Try to wear something that is slightly voluminous to contrast with the skin tight appearance of the jeans.
- Tunics also look great with a pair of skinny jeans. Opt for sleeveless tunics in summer prints. If you are uncomfortable exposing your arms, then opt to layer your tunics with t-shirts. Pair these with a pair of embellished flats.
For the longest time, fashion experts had proclaimed skinny jeans to be the domain of women who had enviable figures with not one ounce of extra fat. Today of course, this fashion diktat has been overturned. Women who are larger can easily flaunt a pair of skinny jeans using any of the looks given above. One thing to remember would be to try to team the plus size skinny jeans with a pair of heels, as you want to look taller, which will make you seem slimmer. Skinny jeans are a great look for most women, as long as you know exactly how to wear them.