Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc., enhance one's beauty and charm. Though everybody likes jewelry, it is mostly the females who adore it the most. However, a time comes when your enchanting piece may lose its earlier shine! After wearing it for a few days, a bright and shining piece may lose its charm and glitter. Do you want to know why this happens? This is due to dust, dirt, and the body lotions that we use. Jewelers often advise us to clean jewelry carefully on a regular basis. A good cleaning can turn a dull piece into an eye-catching one.
Before cleaning, you should make sure of certain things, such as the stones should be fitted properly. Make sure that mounting and all the clasps, prongs, etc., that fasten the piece together are tight enough to clean. If you are not sure about how to clean your delicate piece, it is important to talk with your jeweler before using any homemade cleaning solution on it. Now, the question that comes to our mind is how to clean it? To answer this, let us tell you that there are various ways of doing so.
- Silver earrings, finger rings, or necklaces should always be cleaned with soft cotton or flannel cloth.
- A silver cleaning cloth may help in quick cleaning of your silver jewelry, as it has anti-tarnish ingredients.
- A smooth toothbrush can be used to clean the intricate scroll work.
- A mixture of small amount of liquid detergent or soap in warm water can also be used to clean dirt.
- Rinse the piece in warm water, wipe with a cloth, and allow it to dry.
- If you have used a toothbrush, then scrub gently and rinse it.
- Use a silver dip (liquid cleaner) or baking soda paste to remove tarnish.
- To clean gold necklaces, finger rings, bracelets studded with beautiful stones- soak the piece for 10 to 15 minutes in hot soapy water.
- Now, scrub with a soft-bristled toothbrush, rinse it in lukewarm water, and allow it to dry.
- Add a few drops of ammonia into the soapy water to remove the tarnish.
- In addition to this, dirt can be removed from your gold piece by dipping it into alcohol.
- In case of cleaning white gold, ultrasonic cleaning can be used, under the assistance of a jeweler.
Every girl wants to own at least one piece of diamond jewelry. Like any other type, diamonds too may lose their shine after frequent wearing. To bring the sparkle back, you should know how to clean the pieces. Here are some tips:
- Soak your diamond earring, necklace, etc., in a solution of warm water and ammonia or mild detergent.
- Now scrub gently with a smooth toothbrush.
- A toothpick may help you to get hard-to-reach areas.
- Allow it to dry on a clean cloth or tissue paper.
- To clean pearls, use a soft and clean cloth and wet it in soapy water.
- Now rub the piece with this dampened cloth.
- Rinse it gently and allow it to dry.
- Do not soak your pearls in soapy water, as it may cause it to stretch.
- Pearl jewelry should be worn after cosmetics and perfumes are applied.
- It is advisable not to use abrasive or other alcoholic mixtures while cleaning it, as alcohol may damage it.