You will either love them or hate them. With ugg boots, unlike most other fashion trends, there is no in between where people just do not care to have an opinion about them. Made from sheepskin, uggs first became a part of popular wear when pilots starter wearing fleece lined boots. In the 1930s farmers started wearing these boots to protect them from the cold. It is only in recent times that ugg boots have become the fashion statement that they are. Their popularity has soared especially so, after the many celebrities who have been spotted wearing these boots and making a fashion statement. While these boots are comfortable to wear, they tend to be a magnet for dirt and it is important to care for them properly.
Caring for Ugg Boots
Wearing sheepskin boots is something that you should keep for days when the weather is exceptionally cold because these boots tend to be very warm and you do not want to be wearing inappropriate shoes that makes it uncomfortable for you. Ugg boots are the perfect wear for when you need to walk a lot. You can wear uggs with skinny jeans or skirts teamed with leggings. Guys can wear ugg boots with denims.
It is important that you care for uggs and it is best to always follow the instructions for care as specified by the manufacturer. In this article, we give you a few tips that will help make caring for ugg boots easy.
- Ugg boots are not exactly the most durable of shoes in the market. These boots are meant to warm you but are not protection against snow so try not to wear them in extreme conditions.
- It is important to care for them using a manufacturer approved cleaner. These boots are not waterproof and it is important that you spray them with what is known as a ugg water repellent spray. Not only will this spray protect your boots from water but also dirt and stains, helping keep your uggs looking new.
- If you spill oil on your boots, then it is important that you first soak any excess oil and to do this rub white chalk over the stain. You can also use sandpaper to rub the stain off the boots. Ensure that you do not rub the stain so hard that the color starts coming off.
- It is important to clean your ugg boots regularly. To clean your ugg boots use a shampoo that has been specified by the manufacturer. You will need to use an old toothbrush to help remove the stains from the boots. Rinse the boots in cold water and then squeeze them to get rid of any excess water.
- To soak up the excess water in your boots, you will need to use paper napkins. You will need to place the napkins inside the shoes and place them in the sun to dry. You may find that the boots will shrink slightly but they will stretch out again.
- New boots are a magnet for odor. It is advisable to wear these boots with socks and if you do not do so, then you will need to dispel the odor. For this you need to mix equal portions of baking soda and corn flour (about two tablespoons) with two drops of essential oil and pour it into the boots. Remove the mixture the next day and you are ready to use the boots again.
- If you have been out in the rain and the boots are spotted with rain drops, then all you need to do is remove the boots and fold it into two and rub the sheepskin together. This, when done gently, helps dispel any spots caused by rain drops.
These are the simplest tips to follow. If you have any embellishments on your boots, then you will need to take extra care to clean these. Ugg boots if cared for properly can last for a very long time and look absolutely new.