Ask any woman what her favorite piece of clothing is and chances are that more than fifty percent of the time, the answer would sway towards a pair of denims. You can dress it up or lounge around in it, and it is really difficult to go wrong with a pair of denims. From skinny jeans to bell bottoms, to straight cuts and wide legs, the options from which to choose denims are many, but the problem arises when you need to find a pair of denims that fits well.
A woman who falls into the six percent category of normal women and has the same figure as ramp models, may find it difficult to locate good fitting denims, and if you are larger than what is considered average, then this problem is only magnified manifold. There are many tips though, that if followed, will allow you to find that divine pair of denims that will definitely make you look gorgeous, every single time you wear them.
Finding Good Denims for Plus Size Women
A friend once told me that finding the pathway to heaven would probably be easier than finding that perfect pair of denims that would camouflage your every flaw and accentuate your every good feature. This exclamation was made after an entire day of stepping in and out of trial rooms, and not finding a single pair of jeans that would do that. I agree with her partly. Finding a good pair of denims can take its toll on you. Dealing with jeans that allow for muffin tops and visible undergarments can be trying. But as a plus size woman, if you know how to look for a good pair of jeans, you may find the process a tad simpler than ever before.
Just follow the simple tips given here.
- One tip that you can never go wrong with is buying a pair of denims that have Lycra mix and are stretch jeans. This can protect you from loose waistbands, loose seats, and other such fit issues.
- For someone who is looking for a pair of denims which allow for coverage for the abdominal area, you need to opt for mid-rise denims. Stay away from low cut denims as that will only increase the possibility of the muffin top effect.
- It may also be a good idea to opt for tailor made denims. Online stores like Zafu and Make Your Jeans allow you to shop for a pair of denims that will allow for a perfect fit.
- Opt for denims that have long inseams. Remember, the longer the length of the jeans, the thinner and shapelier you will appear.
- Most women who are on the larger side harbor the belief that boot cut jeans are the best options but this in most cases may not be true. Try out straight cut denims or wide legged denims that can also have a slimming effect.
- Dark colors have an amazingly slimming effect. Keep this in mind when you buy a pair of denims for yourself. The darker the wash of the jeans, the thinner you will look in them. This, my friends, is a truth that is universally acknowledged.
- If you are looking for denims that give the impression of long legs, then try out a pair with pockets that are slit or those jeans that have no pockets at all. A continuous line without a break can often help create a long visual line.
These simple tips can go a long way when you are looking for the perfect pair of denims. The best jeans for women may not be necessarily one that your friend was wearing the other day because the same pair may look atrociously ill-fitting on you. Finding the jeans that fit well can be a task but with these easy tips, the task can become simpler.